Newest Digital Work Fun!

So it has been a while since I have posted and for that I am duly sorry. I have been rather busy getting adjusted to my new work schedule/creating a large scale of work to sell for my upcoming art fairs. With that said I have been playing around with new forms of digital art... or rather, adapting new forms of digital art to suit my style. The below piece I began during Father's Day as an attempt to show my little niece the various things I have done in the art world. As you can see, it began as a portrait, but I've done plenty of those.




"Tif: Digital Black and White Self Portrait" 2011 ★ Digital ★ 2"x 3"


It wasn't until everyone left that I began poking around on facebook and came across an illustration that I felt my above rendering would suit well. I unfortunately do not know who created this illustration, otherwise I would give them credit, but I loved it and the message it promotes has been around for quite some time.

 "Make Art Not War" ?? ★ Digital?? ★ 3"x4" ★ Artist: Unknown to Tif

When I saw this image I thought it would make a lovely facebook profile picture, so after some trial and error, I came up with my own spin on it. I created paintbrushes that formed the inside of the peace sign, mimicked the original lettering... but modified it to hug the center circle more and created a swirl pattern that surrounded the center image. Overall, I believe I came very close to mimicking the above image. I also used vector shapes to create the letters so that they would appear "crisper" in the final image.

  "Make Art Not War Tif Poster" 2011 ★ Digital ★ 8"x 6"

Here are the images side by side so you can compare... 

 Both Pieces Side by Side for comparison.




So there it is for now... have any comments? Feel free to e-mail me at: tifdoesart@gmail.com or visit my FACEBOOK page and join my group!!
Digital, Make Art Not War, Self Portrait, Digital Portrait


Comments

Popular Posts