New Logo, New Gallery!

So for quite a while, I sported a Logo that spat in the face of many designers. I heard the comments, "Tif, CurlzMT... really?" and so on. Often I would shrug the comments off. I happened to like CurlzMT and felt confident my skills as a designer would speak for itself.  Perhaps I lost business because of this attitude, perhaps not. 
I'll never know.

Hell, I even like Comic Sans. There I said it. Sue me.

Many years ago, when I was first thinking up an actual logo for Tif Does Art, I came across this fine ARTICLE. It lists a brief history behind the font and views pro/con about the typeface. 
Frankly, I always preferred Comic Sans to Times New Roman, not really a serif kind a gal. 

Another wonderful reason I liked CurlzMT, I didn't have to worry about anyone coming out of the woodwork screaming, "that's my font and I won't allow it for commercial use!" CurlzMT, although not as widespread as Comic Sans is used quite a lot. So no worries for me, well that is a yay in my book folks!

But recently, I began to tire of my logo. I decided to revamp it to one I felt reflected more of what Tif Does Art is about. Not to say I don't like my old logo, but I feel it was time to move on. 
Without further ado, here is the new logo:






Tif Does Art Super Nifty Logo 2014


Adios old Logo Below:
Honestly speaking, the new logo is significantly bolder as well. 
Always a plus when you're a freelance artist trying to get noticed.  


 Tif Does Art Old Logo 2010-2014


In addition to the new logo, I decided to revamp the Gallery section of my website. 
I wanted something easy to navigate that showed off my work in not only an attractive, but convenient way.
Didn't want to use JQuery due to it's stability issues and it was quite a you-know-what creating code that would actually work with multiple browsers. I truly like the outcome and I hope you do too!

Comments

Popular Posts